I’m all packed (lie), ready to leave my accommodation (another lie), and about to set off on the long drive back to London (unfortunately true).I’m having trouble processing the fact that this year is already over but campus is dead and I’m pretty much the last to move out of my flat. I’ve had an absolute blast in the 38 weeks I’ve been in halls, met some amazing people and made lifelong friends. It’s sad to leave this place and very, very strange to see my room bare again but I’ve got a great summer lined up for myself and it won’t be long before I’ll be coming back in September as a second year (eep!).
Music is a great way to bring back memories and all of the songs on this playlist are linked to moments I’ve had this year at university.
- Some Nights – Fun.
- I Will Wait – Mumford & Sons
- May You Never – John Martyn
- Hit ‘Em Up Style – Carolina Chocolate Drops
- Let Her Go – Passenger
- What Katie Did – The Libertines
- I Follow Rivers – Lykke Li
- Minnie The Moocher – Cab Calloway
- Mary – Rura
- Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes – Paul Simon
- Lady Of The Sea (Hear Her Calling) – Seth Lakeman
- Cecilia – Simon & Garfunkel
- La bonne étoile – M.
- Pompeii – Bastille
- Big Yellow Taxi – Joni Mitchell